Friday, November 7, 2008

The Great Christmas Debate '08

So, we have some people who would wear Christmas tree sweaters in ninety degree weather and listen to Christmas music year round (BepiKay, I'm callin' you out). I have no problem with that. I love Christmas music. I have a CD where I've burned (legally) a few different versions of "My Favorite Things" and "Carol of the Bells." I have enjoyed baking Christmas cookies with my kids. I even get a rush out of making Christmas dinner, even though I am too dead to eat it when it's done.

That having been said, I really think it's hard to get into the 'spirit' of things when I'm outside without a coat in November... it's also hard to get into the aforementioned 'spirit' when some of the Christmas music is so incredibly treacly (look it up). Chris refers to that music as 'dulled-down, vapid, and infantile.' Okay, we like using words...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There are a lot of long words in there, Miss; we're naught but humble pirates", oops bloggers! Amy has had her tree up a week, I've been wearing christmas sweaters and listening to the music and working on the cards so I say, CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE!!!

Unknown said...

Hey I love christmas no matter the month, temperature, or stares I get. :)

BepiKay

ps It's cold now.(in case you haven't been outside today).

Mrs. T said...

Okay, today, it's cold out. I'm kinda feelin' the need to watch "Mr. Magoo's 'A Christmas Carol.'" Or, "White Christmas." For anyone who's seen the movie, I just read yesterday that the young man in the photo who is supposed to be the Haynes sisters' brother (Benny "Dogface" Haynes) is Alfalfa from the Little Rascals.

Anonymous said...

I knew that about Alfalfa in WC...that is one of my very favorite movies! It is very "treacly" to use your words! ;) Didja know that Alfalfa is the bad boy in It's a Wonderful Life who pushes the button that makes the gym floor open up so George and Mary fall in the pool below it!

Mrs. T said...

Yeah, I knew Alfalfa was the guy. Poor guy, he had a short, bad life...

On a happier note, I heard the hippo Christmas song on the way to church this evening, while there was snow coming down... now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!